Political Training and Cadre Building Exercise
As part of "Political Training and Cadre Building Exercise" initiated by Shri Randeep Singh Surjewala to ensure that grass-root Youth Congress workers are enabled to counter the massive propganda of BJP and its allies blow by blow, carry message of Hon'ble Congress President, Smt. Sonia Gandhi to the grassroots and involve themselves in core social issues, we have already held a training camp at Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh (5th to 7th July, 2000) and South Zone Training Camp of six States at Bangalore (28t to 30th July, 2000).
In the same endeavor, a Youth Congress "Training-cum orientation Camp" was held at Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra from 20th January to 22nd January, 2001. Over 600 delegates comprising of Block Presidents, Distt. Presidents, prominent Officers bearers and members of State Executive participated in the camp. Shri Surjewala was present to interact with the delegates on all three days.
Following were the brief issues discussed and deliberated in the camp:-
- Congress Party and its contribution to India's Governance- Challenges ahead.
- Crisis in Agriculture Sector.
- W.T.O. and GATT - its effect on Indian economy.
- Population Control.
- Media Coordination and Management.
- Health Care.
- Revolution in information Technology - Rajivji's Vision.
- Role of Youth and unemployment - Challenges before Youth Congress.
Shri Oscar Fernandes, Hon'ble General Secretary, AICC Incharge Frontal Organisations and Shri Govind Rao Adik, PCC President, Maharashtra inaugurated the Camp on 20th January, 2001.
Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad, Hon'ble General Secretary, AICC and Shri Vilas Rao Deshmukh, Honourable Chief Minister, Maharashtra were gracious enough to be present for the closing ceremony on 22nd Jan., 2001.
Besides, above, following senior persons addressed / interacted with the delegates on various wide ranging issues :-
- Shri Pratap Rao Bhonsle, Former PCC President.
- Shri Shivaji Rao Deshmukh, Former PCC President.
- Shri Prithivi Raj Chauhan, AICC Spokes Person.
- Shri Kripa Shankar Singh, Home Minister.
- Shri Manik RaoThakre, Home Minister.
- Shri Hussain Dalwai, Labour Minister.
- Prof. P.B. Patil.
- Shri Ulas Parwar, M.L.A.
- Shri Sunil Deshmukh, M.L.A.
- Shri Ram Dass Putane, M.L.A.
- Shri Anals Ahmad, Minister.
- Shri Patang Rao, Kadam, Minister.
- Shri Anant Rao Thopte,Ex-Minister.
- Dr. and Mrs. A. Adhikari, Health Expert.
- Shri Ajay Mukogi, Media Expert.
In IYC President, Mr. Randeep Singh Surjewala's opinion, which was shared by senior congress leaders, Camp proved very enlighting, refreshing and knowledgable not only for the delegates but also for the speakers and senior leaders.