» Kaithal Constituency
» Driver’s Training Institute
With extensive efforts of Kaithal MLA & Cabinet Minister, Randeep Singh Surjewala (who was then the Transport Minister), Government of Haryana and Ashok Leyland Limited (the leading commercial vehicle manufacturer of India) have entered into a partnership to set up a unique ‘Driver’s Training Institute’ for training of commercial vehicle drivers at Village Garhi Padla, Kaithal.
This Institute is managed by SALDTI – Society of Ashok Leyland Driver’ Training Institute and is owned by Transport Department of Haryana. Cost of the project is Rs.1,750 lakh. Haryana Chief Minister, Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda and Randeep Singh Surjewala had laid the foundation of the project on 23-01-2010 and the project will become fully operational from 31st March, 2013. This project is one of its own kind in the State of Haryana and is the only project set up and managed by Ashok Leyland Limited. It has immense potential for employment creation and opportunities for the young in this entire area as also State of Haryana.
Some of the unique features of the project are:-
- 22,000 square metres long Heavy Vehicle Training and Testing Tracks i.e. 'Plain Roads', 'Hill Tracks', '5-point Turning Track', '3-point Turning Track', 'Slippery Track' and 'Round Track'
- 6,300 square metres covered area of Institute building comprising of:-
- Six Training Rooms having a capacity of 400 persons;
- One Display Room for display of models of latest technology and machinery;
- A Simulator Room;
- A Driving Laboratory and Library;
- An Auditorium having a capacity of 250 persons;
- Instructor Room;
- Recreation Room and First Aid Room etc.
- 1,200 square metres covered area of a Hostel building comprising of Dormitory Rooms, Dining Hall with Kitchen, Security Guard Rooms etc.
A few photographs are:
|Traffic School at Garhi Padla