» Marching Ahead - Striding Forward
MARCHING AHEAD – STRIDING FORWARD – NORTH-SOUTH CORRIDOR,GURGAON-FARIDABAD EXPRESSWAY, ROHTAK-BHIWANI HIGHWAY, LADWA-YAMUNA NAGAR HIGHWAY.North-South Corridor – Rai Malikpur (Rajasthan Border) – (NH-8) – Narnaul-Dadri-Bhiwani-Kharak Corridor.
North-South Corridor aimed at connecting Kotputli in Rajasthan (NH-8) to Ambala in Haryana (NH-1) by-passing the entire Delhi region including NH-8 portion of Delhi-Jaipur and NH-1 portion of Delhi-Ambala Highway is one of the most ambitious projects ever undertaken by State PWD. It aims at (a) reducing the traffic load of Delhi-Jaipur (NH-8) as also Delhi-Chandigarh (NH-1), (b) opening a new corridor for the entire traffic from North-Southern States like Maharashtra, Gujarat etc. to the States of Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, J&K, U.T. Chandigarh and portions of U.P., and (c) opening the hitherto undeveloped Southern region of Haryana to mainstream economy activity. Its details are:-
Gurgaon-Faridabad and Ballabgarh-Sohna Expressway
- Total length of the project is 151 KMs.
- Total estimated cost of the project is Rs.1201.70 crore.
- Project is to be built on DBFOT pattern and to be executed by Haryana State PWD (B&R).
- Scope of project includes 4-laning of existing carriageway, rehabilitation of all major/minor bridges, construction of 12 No. Minor Bridges, 13 No. Major Junctions, 3 No. Railway Over Bridges, 62 No. Bus Bays, 154 No. Culverts, 6 No. Truck Lay Byes and 4 No. Toll Plazas.
- Scope of project also includes 4 No. By-Passes to the Cities of Nangal Chaudhary (4.3 KMs), Narnaul (8 KMs), Nangal Sirohi (3.47 KMs) and Bhiwani (8.9 KMs). Project involves operation and maintenance for a concessionaire period of 20 years.
- Likely date of award of project is October, 2011.
Gurgaon-Faridabad Road starts from Gurgaon-Mehrauli Road about 2 KMs west of Delhi Border at Sikanderpur and ends at its junction with Palli-Bhakri Road. Length of this stretch of the project is 24.31 KMs.
Ballabgarh-Sohna Road starts from Ballabgarh at KM 35 of Delhi-Mathura Road (NH-2) and its junction with Faridabad-Gurgaon Road is also considered as part of this Road. Length of this stretch of project is 32.67 KMs.
- Total length of the project is 66.185 KMs.
- Cost of the project is Rs.180 crore.
- Scope of project includes 4-laning of existing carriageway, connecting the two major economic hubs of Gurgaon and Faridabad situated on two different ends of Delhi through an alternative route. It also includes construction of 7 No. Minor Bridges, 89 No. Culverts, 5 No. Major Junctions and 3 No. Toll Plazas.
- Date of award of project is 31st January, 2009.
- Likely date of completion is December, 2011.
Yamuna Nagar-Ladwa, Ladwa-Karnal and new 4-laning of Ladwa By-pass
- Total length of the project is 22.46 KMs.
- Total cost of the project is Rs.81.74 crore.
- Scope of project includes 4-laning, construction of 4 No. Bridges, 55 No. Culverts and raising of road.
- Date of commencement is 12th August, 2010.
- Likely date of completion is 31st March, 2012.
Project involves widening from 2-lane to 4-lane dividing carriage way from KM 39 (near Yamuna Nagar) to KM 58 (junction of proposed Ladwa By-Pass) of State Highway No.6. It also involved widening from 2-lane to 4-lane dividing carriage way from KM 0 (near Karnal) to KM 29 (junction of proposed Ladwa By-Pass). Project Highway will also comprise of a new 4-lane Ladwa By-Pass.
- Total length of the project is 53.5 KMs.
- Total cost of the project is Rs.395.72 crore.
- Scope of project includes 4-laning of entire portion including widening of existing stretch, construction of 10 No. Major Bridges, 5 No. Major Junctions, 1 No. By-pass, 2 No. Toll Plazas, 20 No. Bus Bays and 1 No. Major Bridge.
- Approval of Government of India is awaited.